Community Health Services
Community Health Centres provide a wide range of health services, which may include:
- Prenatal teaching / support to individual clients who are not able to access regular prenatal programs.
- Early Start telephone support and home visits to all new mothers and infants in the postpartum period. Early Start postpartum telephone support may be accessed by calling the local Community Health Centre or after hours at 403-244-8351.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Education and / or counselling on a variety of topics such as nutrition, safety, family violence, infant / child growth and development, through home visits, telephone calls, parenting classes, and well-child immunization clinics.
- Education and support to adults and seniors, in their homes and at wellness sites, on topics such as aging, use of medications, substance abuse, nutrition and family violence.
- Collaboration with other Alberta Health Services divisions and external agencies and organizations to promote health in the community.
Communicable Disease Services
- Assistance in preventing and controlling the spread of communicable diseases for all age groups, through immunization and surveillance programs, in clinics, schools and community sites.
School Health Services
- Public health nursing time and support to all schools in the region. Works in partnership with school communities to promote health and develop strong, supportive communities.
- Teachers, parents and students can consult with a public health nurse for nursing assessment of concerns about physical, emotional or social well-being.
Accessing the service - more information:
Some programs may be offered on a walk-in basis but most services are provided by appointment.
Community Developer, Injury Prevention Specialist, Nutritionist, Public Health Nurses
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Acadia Community Health Centre
151 86 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2H 3A5; 403-944-7200
- Airdrie Regional Health Centre
604 Main Street S, Airdrie, Alberta T4B 3K7; 403-912-8400
- Banff Community Health Centre
303 Lynx Street, Banff, Alberta T1L 1B3; 403-762-2990
- Canmore Provincial Building
800 Railway Avenue, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1P1; 403-678-5656
- Claresholm Community Health Centre
5221 2 Street W, Claresholm, Alberta T0L 0T0; 403-625-4061
- Cochrane Community Health Centre
60 Grande Boulevard, Cochrane, Alberta T4C 0S4; 403-851-6130
- Cremona Community Health Centre
Community health services are available at Didsbury District Health Services.
106 Railway Avenue, Cremona, Alberta T0M 0R0; 403-335-9393 (Didsbury), 403-637-3715
- Didsbury District Health Services
1210 20 Avenue, Didsbury, Alberta T0M 0W0; 403-335-7292
- East Calgary Health Centre
4715 8 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2A 3N4; 403-955-1250
- High River General Hospital
2nd Floor, West Wing
560 9 Avenue SW, High River, Alberta T1V 1B3; 403-652-5450
- Nanton Community Health Centre
2214 20 Street, Nanton, Alberta T0L 1R0; 403-646-2218
- North Hill Community Health Centre
North Hill Community Health Centre
1527 19 Street NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 2K2; 403-944-7400
- Oilfields General Hospital
717 Government Road, Black Diamond, Alberta T0L 0H0; 403-933-6505
- Okotoks Health and Wellness Centre
11 Cimarron Common, Okotoks, Alberta T1S 2E9; 403-995-2600
- Ranchlands Village Mall
#109, Northwest Community Health Centre
1829 Ranchlands Boulevard NW, Calgary, Alberta T3G 2A7; 403-943-9700
- Shaganappi Complex
3415 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T3C 0E8; 403-944-7373
- Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 0X7; 403-955-1250 (Booking Immunization ), 403-955-6200
- South Calgary Health Centre
31 Sunpark Plaza SE, Calgary, Alberta T2X 3W5; 403-943-9500
- Strathmore Public Health Office
650 Westchester Road, Strathmore, Alberta T1P 1H8; 403-361-7200
- Thornhill Library / Community Health Centre
6617 Centre Street N, Calgary, Alberta T2K 4Y5; 403-944-7500
- Village Square
Community Health Centre
2623 56 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 6E7; 403-944-7000
- Vulcan Community Health Centre
610 Elizabeth Street, Vulcan, Alberta T0L 2B0; 403-485-2285