Alternate names: ACRCSP
Provides colorectal cancer screening for patients 50 -74 who are medically stable and have one of the following:
- FIT positive, OR
- Personal history of polyps or colorectal cancer, OR
- Family history in at least one first degree relative (parent, siblings, child) with polyps and/or colorectal cancer, OR
- Family history in at least TWO second degree relatives (aunt, uncle, grandparent, niece, nephew) of colorectal cancer
- Are 10 years younger than the youngest person in the family diagnosed with colorectal cancer
- Pre-procedure consultation appointment (approx 1.5 hours in length)
- Colonoscopy appointment
- Navigate or assist patients and/or Family Physicians with any care required as determined by the colonoscopy
- Provide Follow-up recommendations for next procedure to both patient and Family Physician
1. Positive FIT test
2, Aged 50 – 74, or 10 years younger than youngest diagnosed relative with colorectal cancer
1. BMI > 40
2. Significant co-morbidities including:
- Type 1 diabetic
- Patients on Coumadin or other anticoagulation for reasons other than Atrial Fibrillation that cannot come off of Coumadin for 5 days prior to colonoscopy
- Patients who have had surgical intervention within past 3 months
- Patients who have had a Myocardial infarction within past 12 months
- Currently being investigated for other medical issues and diagnosis has not been confirmed
For more information on SCOPE eligibility criteria, please email email@example.com
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A referral to the SCOPE program is required. To obtain a copy of the SCOPE program referral, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please NOTE: incomplete referrals will not be processed.
Patients must purchase a bowel prep solution and take prior to colonoscopy appointment (average cost is $25 $40 dollars)
Patients may ask their family physicians to provide a prescription for the bowel prep solution. Note that not all insurance companies cover bowel prep within their drug plans.
gastroenterologists, nurse practitioners, surgeons
The SCOPE Program is the Edmonton zone arm of the Provincial Alberta Colorectal Cancer Screening Program (ACRCSP) and is affiliated with the Screening for Life Program.
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Edmonton - Information / Registration / Appointments
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 0C0; 780-735-3235