QuitCore is a FREE group support program that provides Albertans (18+) with the tools and skills they need to stop using tobacco for good. Topics covered include:
- quitting support techniques and aids
- how to develop a quit plan that will work for you
- strategies to deal with recovery symptoms
- how to get your support person involved in the process
- tips on stress management, healthy eating and physical activity
- how to prevent a relapse
- insights from QuitCore graduates
The program has six 90-minute sessions over a period of 6 to 9 weeks.
Individuals 18 years old or older, who wish to:
- stop using tobacco
- reduce their tobacco use
- have recently stopped using tobacco and want to maintain the change
Accessing the service - more information:
On the phone or online, AlbertaQuits helps you create a personalized quit plan, offers ongoing support, and connects you with effective services in communities across the province.
AlbertaQuits Helpine: For information, counselling, and referral, call 1-866-710-QUIT (7848) toll-free.
AlbertaQuits online: www.albertaquits.ca
health care providers
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Alberta-Wide Web and / or Telephone Access
780-422-1350 1-866-710-QUIT (7848)