Alberta Breast Cancer Screening Program
The breast cancer screening program in Alberta offers these services:
- information and teaching to women and healthcare providers
- up-to-date screening throughout Alberta based on research and feedback from healthcare providers
- works with healthcare providers and labs to communicate with women who have been screened
- provides follow-up reminders for healthcare providers
For more information, go to www.screeningfor life.ca
For women age 50 to 69 who have not had a mammogram in the last year and who have no:
- breast problems (e.g., new lump, bloody nipple discharge)
- history of breast cancer
- breast implants
Accessing the service - more information:
For places in Alberta and contact information, go to www.screeningforlife.ca
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A referral from a healthcare provider is needed for the first appointment for women age 40 to 49 years.No referral is needed for women age 50 to 69 years.
A referral from a healthcare provider is needed for the first appointment for women age 40 to 49 years.
No referral is needed for women age 50 to 69 years.
radiologists, radiology technicians
Alberta Society of Radiologists
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Alberta-Wide Web and / or Telephone Access
T3B 1E9; 1-866-727-3926 Alberta Breast Cancer Screening Program