Alberta Breast Cancer Screening Program
Alternate names: ABCSP
The breast cancer screening program in Alberta offers these services:
- information and teaching to women and healthcare providers
- up-to-date screening throughout Alberta based on research and feedback from healthcare providers
- works with healthcare providers and clinics to communicate with women who have been screened or who are eligible to be screened
For more information, go to www.screeningforlife.ca.
Screen Test operates clinic and mobile screening services to about 100 communities throughout rural Alberta. The Alberta Society of Radiologists offers clinic services in communities throughout Alberta.
For women over the age of 40 who have not had a mammogram in the last year and who have no:
- breast problems (e.g., new lump, bloody nipple discharge)
- history of breast cancer
Accessing the service - more information:
For screening locations near you, visit www.screeningforlife.ca or call.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A referral from a healthcare provider is needed for the first appointment for women aged 40 to 49 years.
radiologists, radiology technicians
Alberta Society of Radiologists
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Alberta-Wide Web and / or Telephone Access
1-866-727-3926 Alberta Breast Cancer Screening Program