Sometimes family caregivers would like a break, a small holiday for the client and a chance to recharge for the caregiver.
Respite services has three components:
- Companion care in the home for up to three or four hours per week;
- Adult Day Support Program; one to two days per week for six hours per day;
- Overnight stay in a care facility, the length of stay determined after a Home Care assessment.
Based on Home Care assessment. If you are not a Home Care Client, please contact Community Care Access at 403-943-1920 to arrange for Home Care.
Accessing the service - more information:
Contact the Coordinator for Respite Services, Integrated Home Care, Calgary Zone at 403-943-1638. Pre-booking is required.
May apply for hardship funding.
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Bethany Calgary
916 18A Street NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1C6; 403-284-6000
- Beverly Centre - Glenmore
1729 90 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2V 4S1; 403-253-8806, 403-943-1638 (Coordinator for Respite Services), 403-943-1920 (Community Care Access)
- Calgary - Information / Registration / Appointments
Coordinator for Respite Services
- Carewest Colonel Belcher Care Centre
1939 Veterans Way NW, Calgary, Alberta T3B 5Y8; 403-944-7800
- Carewest Dr. Vernon Fanning Centre
722 16 Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 6V7; 403-230-6900
- Carewest Signal Pointe
6363 Simcoe Road SW, Calgary, Alberta T3H 4M3; 403-240-7950
- Didsbury District Health Services
1210 20 Avenue, Didsbury, Alberta T0M 0W0; 403-335-9393
- High River General Hospital
560 9 Avenue SW, High River, Alberta T1V 1B3; 403-652-2200
- Strathmore District Health Services
200 Brent Boulevard, Strathmore, Alberta T1P 1J9; 403-361-7000
- Willow Creek Continuing Care Centre
4221 8 Street W, Claresholm, Alberta T0L 0T0; 403-625-3361