Alberta Colorectal Cancer Screening Program
Alternate names: ACRCSP
This program’s focus is to increase the number of men and women aged 50 to 74 who have regular colorectal cancer screening by developing and implementing activities that will contribute to the prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer. The program:
- increases access to colorectal cancer screening in the province
- works with healthcare providers and labs to correspond with patients who have been screened
- provides information and education to target age groups and to healthcare providers
- provide a follow-up reminder system for healthcare providers
- provide colorectal cancer screening quality assurance
- support continual quality improvement in the delivery of colorectal cancer screening services based on feedback from Albertans and healthcare providers and research information
For more information, visit screeningfor life.ca.
Adults aged 50 to 74. If younger than 50 years must have a history or family history of colorectal cancer, colorectal polyps, and/or inflammatory bowel disease.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A doctor's referral is needed.
doctors, registered nurses (RNs)
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Alberta-Wide Web and / or Telephone Access