This service may provide:
- Diabetes education/ counselling in a classroom setting and on one-to-one appointments with Registered Nurses and Registered Dietiticians for people diagnosed with Type I or Type II Diabetes. Education topics include an overview of the disease, complications, medications, exercise and nutrition.
- Diabetes education (survival skills) to facilitate discharge and patient self- management to inpatients at the request of the inpatient unit.
Referral by fax for consultation. Lab work forwarded by referring physician.
Diabetes, Hypertension and Cholesterol Centre Referral Form # 1002006
Dietician, Pharmacist, Physician, Psychologist, Registered Nurse, Social Worker
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Banff Community Health Centre
303 Lynx Street, Banff, Alberta T1L 1B3; 403-762-2990
- Canmore General Hospital
1100 Hospital Place, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N2; 403-678-5536
- Didsbury District Health Services
1210 20 Avenue, Didsbury, Alberta T0M 0W0; 403-335-9393
- High River Health Services Annex Building--TEMPORARY CLOSURE -- See www.albertahealthservices.ca/flood for details
702 6 Street SW, High River, Alberta T1V 1B3; 403-652-0117
- Okotoks Health and Wellness Centre
11 Cimarron Common, Okotoks, Alberta T1S 2E9; 403-652-0117 (Diabetes Clinic, High River), 403-995-2600
- Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre
1820 Richmond Road SW, Calgary, Alberta T2T 5C7; 403-955-8118 (Information), 403-955-8135 (Reception)
- Strathmore District Health Services
200 Brent Boulevard, Strathmore, Alberta T1P 1J9; 403-361-7000
- Vulcan Community Health Centre
610 Elizabeth Street, Vulcan, Alberta T0L 2B0; 403-485-3333