Bariatric Specialty Clinic
Alternate names: (Previous names: Weight Loss Surgery Clinic)
The clinic provides both intense lifestyle medical management as well as the following surgical procedures:
- sleeve gastrectomy
- gastric bypass
- revisional care
Must meet the following criteria for Bariatric Surgery:
- Body Mass Index >35 with two weight related co-morbidities OR a Body Mass Index >40;
- Age 18 - 60;
- Reside in the Province of Alberta;
- Be willing to accept blood products to be eligible for bariatric surgery;
- We do not accept patients who have active uncontrolled psychosis.
A referral letter from an Alberta physician is required. Please ensure all letters include patient demographics, current measured BMI, and medical history.
Medical Physician, Psychologist, Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurses, Surgeons
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
2nd Floor South Complex
3942 50A Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 4E7; 403-356-4200