Sexual and Reproductive Health - Clinical Services
Alternate names: (Previous names: Family Planning)
Confidential Drop-in services may include:
- birth control information, prescriptions and supplies
- emergency contraception
- STI, HIV, and syphilis testing
- STI treatment
- pregnancy tests
- pregnancy options decisions support (parenting, adoption, abortion)
- post abortion check ups
- Pap tests
- HPV vaccine information and prescriptions
Not all services are available at all locations.
People age 24 and younger, and any person with barriers to service (e.g., no Alberta Health Care, low income, or English is not first language).
Accessing the service - more information:
You need to book an appointment for:
- pregnancy options decision support (drop-in or by appointment)
- IUD insertion and counselling. You may need to 2 appointments. The first is to get information and see if IUD is right for you. The second appointment is to have the IUD put in.
physicians, registered nurses (RNs)
Highland Primary Care Network
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Airdrie Regional Community Health Centre
Airdrie Teen & Young Adult Clinic
604 Main Street S, Airdrie, Alberta T4B 3K7; 403-801-9229
- East Calgary Health Centre
Family Care Clinic
4715 8 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2A 3N4; 403-955-1431
- High River Charles Clark Medical Centre
303 9 Avenue SW, High River, Alberta T1V 0H2; 403-652-1654
- Okotoks Health and Wellness Centre
The Sexual Health Clinic
11 Cimarron Common, Okotoks, Alberta T1S 2E9; 403-995-2670
- Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
5th floor; New clients must check-in with the 5th floor admitting desk. Current clients who wish to pick up contraceptive supplies may proceed directly to the clinic window.
1213 4 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 0X7; 403-955-6500
- South Calgary Health Centre
All clients must check into the admitting desk
31 Sunpark Plaza SE, Calgary, Alberta T2X 3W5; 403-943-9510
- Sunridge Professional Building
4th Floor, Room 406
2675 36 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 6H6; 403-944-7666