Driver Evaluation and Training Service
Alternate names: DETS
Provides driving assessment, counselling, and training for people 16 years and older who have a disability or health conditions that may affect their ability to drive.
Service also includes:
- teaching clients new driving techniques
- helping clients choose adaptations for their vehicles
- on-road training in an adapted or custom-modified car
- on-road training in a wheelchair accessible van
Client must have an authorization letter from the Alberta Transportation Driver Fitness and Monitoring Medical Reviewing Officer.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Doctor’s referral is needed. Referral Form.
Contact for more information.
driving instructors, occupational therapists (OTs)
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
10230 111 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0B7; 780-735-7938