I CAN Centre for Assistive Technology
Provides service for people of all ages who need to use devices, services, and strategies to help them be independent in their daily activities.
Services include assessment, consultation, training, and follow-up for:
- augmentative communication (ways of communicating for people who can’t talk)
- adapted computer access (tools and software to help people use computers)
- environmental controls (tools to help people use equipment like appliances or lights)
- specialized power mobility (powered wheelchairs or other devices)
The service also teaches families and community members to use the tools.
This service may be provided in person or over the phone.
Accessing the service - more information:
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
occupational therapists (OTs), physical therapists (PTs), rehabilitation technology engineers, special education teachers, speech-language pathologists (SLPs)
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
Room 38, GlenEast
10230 111 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0B7; 780-735-6070