Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Pediatric
Diagnoses and provides long-term management of gastrointestinal (GI) tract (e.g., esophagus, stomach, bowels) diseases and/or the liver. This includes:
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases and food intolerance
- peptic ulcer disease
- severe functional gastrointestinal diseases
- gastrointestinal motility disorders
- inflammatory bowel disease
- celiac disease
- children with Intestinal failure - Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) dependent
- chronic diarrhea
- failure to thrive after pediatric assessment
- liver disease (chronic and acute).
- liver and multivisceral transplantation
Ages 17 and younger from central and northern Alberta and parts of Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
Accessing the service - more information:
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
You need a referral from a doctor or nurse practitioner.
dietitians, occupational therapists (OTs), pediatric gastroenterologists, pharmarcists, physical therapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs), social workers
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Stollery Children's Hospital
Unit 2E, Pediatric Ambulatory Clinic
8440 112 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2B7; 780-248-5420 (Admin staff), 780-248-5555 (Central Booking)