Active Anytime Anywhere
Alternate names: AAA
A health promotion initiative whose primary focus is to improve and sustain vitality and quality of life for low income older adults.
There are two major components:
For the Older Adult, group exercise sessions and health education presentations for:
- low-income (less than $39,000 annual household income) older adults (55+ years) in selected venues
- residents of selected Designated Assisted Living sites
For the Active Living/Fitness Leader, leaders' Network provides:
- information and resource sharing
- credits for the continuing education requirements of the Alberta Fitness Leader Certification Association (AFLCA)
Older Adult Resource Kit promotes healthy active living for older adults and includes health and wellness presentations, reproducible tip sheets and a 60 minute older adult exercise video/DVD
Service targeted to:
- Older adults that live in one of the older adult subsidized housing sites in the surrounding community or one of the selected designated assisted living facilities.
- 55 years of age or older with annual household income of $39,000 or less.
- Leaders’ Network: works with older adult in a paid or volunteer position to deliver active living programming
Fees charged for outings that may be arranged as part of the low income older adult programming (e.g., entrance fees to a venue or activity fee (bowling). No charge for exercise classes or health and wellness presentations. Fees charged for Leaders? Network Inservices.
Exercise Leaders, Exercise Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist
Multiple agencies that offer subsidized housing for older adults and designated assisted living facilities.
Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.
- Edmonton - Information / Registration / Appointments
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J0; 780-735-3342