- Work has begun on overhauling the building envelope of the Northern Lights Regional Health Centre (NLRHC). This project is being led by Alberta Infrastructure, in partnership with Alberta Health Services (AHS).
- The new building envelope project includes replacing the siding on the exterior of the building, insulation, the roof and all of the windows. This work will extend the lifespan of the facility and improve energy efficiency.
- The design process for this project began in 2013 and the design was finalized in spring 2016. This project is not as a result of the recent wildfires.
- The project will take several years to complete. Phase 1 has begun. Phase 2 will begin in 2018 and the project is scheduled to be handed over to AHS in early 2020.
- The prime consultant on this project is Rockliff, Pierzchajlo, Kroman; and Delnor is the construction company.
Alberta Health Services & Alberta Infrastructure