- Current plans for Willow Square include care spaces for long-term care, supportive living of various levels and palliative care. Plans will allow for 144 beds, with 108 ready upon opening, 36 for long-term care and palliative, 72 for supportive living.
- Natural light, pathways and gardens, will all help to make this new facility feel like home and also help in the healing process.
- Construction is expected to be completed early 2021. Residents are anticipated to move in around mid-2021.
- After construction is complete AHS will begin commissioning work which includes final cleaning of the entire building, the installation of furniture and equipment. It also includes training staff to use the new medical equipment and systems, and building systems to ensure they are working properly.
- When the project is completed, residents will have a home that will meet their present and changing residential and medical needs.
- After the Willow Square Continuing Care Centre opens, the long-term care unit space at the Northern Lights Regional Health Centre will be reallocated to meet identified health priorities.
Alberta Health Services & Alberta Infrastructure