Pelvic Floor Clinic
A multidisciplinary program that offers services and options for women with pelvic floor issues, including pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, bladder dysfunction and bowel evacuation disorders.
Services offered include the following:
- Education – New patients are required to either attend an in-house class (by appointment) or to view the 5 basic modules online. Additional supplementary modules and handouts are available.
- Conservative / Behavioral Therapy – Following a general assessment, conservative and behavioural therapies (diet, activities, exercise, etc.) are discussed and considered. These require patient involvement and commitment to modification of activities and lifestyle.
- Pessary Fitting – Clinic nurses assess and fit women for vaginal pessaries, devices that assist with prolapse and incontinence issues.
- Medical Intervention – When appropriate, medications may be prescribed that reduce symptoms in women.
- Surgical Intervention – The clinic urogynecologists will provide surgical interventions for women with prolapse and stress incontinence issues.
- Physiotherapy – Group sessions and consultations available through internal referral only. Direct referrals for physiotherapy are NOT accepted.
- Urodynamic Testing & Cystoscopy – These specialized tests are done to provide diagnostic information, when required.
Multidisciplinary team delivers patient-centered care, with an emphasis on patient engagement and collaborative care. As this is a tertiary care specialty clinic, patients can expect to be discharged back to their referring provider.
For more information visit our website at Pelvic Floor Clinic Information for the Public
Service Providers May Include
doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners (NPs), physiotherapists
Wheelchair accessible, but patient must be able to transfer themselves to the exam table, or bring a companion to the appointment.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
There is no fee for government insured health services but fees may apply for certain devices such as pessaries and dilators,etc. if required. Patients without health insurance will incur facility fees and physician fees.