About the survey
In order to know and understand Albertans’ walking behaviours the Alberta Centre for Active Living, in conjunction with Alberta Health Services conducted a survey with the objective of identifying:
- The amount of time Albertans spend walking,
- Where Albertans walk,
- Demographic factors related to time spent walking, and
- The relationship between the size of the geographic location Albertans live in and their time spent walking.
Who is this survey for?
- Practitioners focused on the promotion of walking,
- Organizations or groups who are involved in health promotion through walking promotion,
- Individuals who are community advocates that would like to promote walking in their community.
Alberta Health Services will be able to use the information to provide direction in current walking promotion. It will also be used to measure our successes and show where our focus should be in the future.
For more information view: Alberta Walking Survey: A Concise Report March 2013