Staff Development & Education
Training and Development Opportunities
Alberta Health Services values staff development as part of its strategic direction (see Strategic Direction for Alberta Health Services.)
Staff development falls under many categories defined in the strategic direction including the following:
These values carry over into laboratory services.
The following is a list of initiatives that promote staff development and education:
- Impending implementation of a province-wide competency management system known as TRACCESS™;
- Re-evaluation of the scope of practice for cytotechnologists;
- Alignment of training initiatives provincially within Laboratory Services;
- Celebrating successes and sharing stories of these successes provincially;
- Sharing training resources, ideas, educational opportunities throughout the province;
- Designing a succession-planning model to ensure job satisfaction; and
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement province wide.