AHS Emergency Alerts on Social Media
Emergency Alerts on Social Media
For critical health and safety alerts from AHS, follow @AHS_EmergAlert
Automatically Receive Alerts on your Mobile Device
If you have a Twitter account and want to follow AHS_EmergAlert:
- Follow AHS_EmergAlert on Twitter.
- Click the grey tool icon or “More User Actions” icon that is beside the “following” icon and click “Turn on Mobile Notifications.”
- Enter your mobile number and then text GO to 21212 (this number is for all alerts coming through Twitter). Check that you would like to receive notifications from @AHS_EmergAlert. Click Save Changes.
You will now receive notification of AHS Emergency alerts.
Following AHS updates on Facebook
- You will be routed to a list of AHS Social Media accounts.
- Choose Alberta Health Services under the Facebook icon or go directly to the account here: http://on.fb.me/1nDGMgS
- If you have a Facebook account, log in and then “Like” AHS.
- If you do not have a Facebook page, click the “Sign Up” icon. Follow the steps to set up your own Facebook page and then “Like” AHS.
You will now receive notification of AHS Facebook posts, including emergency updates, when you are visiting Facebook.
Other Emergency Resources on Social Media