A number of resources are available to provide parents and guardians with more information about newborn hearing screening and diagnostic tests.
EHDI Program – Parent & Guardian Handouts
Frequently Asked Questions - MyHealth.Alberta.ca
Visit Newborn Hearing Screening to find out answers to the following questions:
- Why should my baby's hearing be checked (screened)?
- When should I have my baby screened for hearing loss?
- How is hearing screening done?
- Does hearing screening hurt?
- Do I have to have my baby’s hearing screened?
- When will I get the results of the hearing screening?
- What does a pass result mean?
- What does a refer result mean?
- Why don’t some babies pass hearing screening?
- My baby did not pass the hearing screening – what happens next?
- Why is it important to take my baby for a diagnostic ABR?
- What happens at the diagnostic ABR appointment?
- When should my baby have a diagnostic ABR?
- Why can’t a diagnostic ABR be done right after hearing screening?
- What can I do to help prepare my baby for a diagnostic ABR?
- What will happen after the diagnostic ABR?