Last Reviewed: June 30, 2020
On this page:
When to Report|How to Report|What Happens Next
AHS and Alberta Health will work collaboratively with work camps/sites to help minimize the impact and manage the spread of an outbreak.
- To ask a question about implementation of COVID guidelines or Work Camps Regulation, submit a rapid response plan, request approval to transport an isolated client offsite, or request updates on current clients under surveillance, please email email@example.com.
- To submit an initial notification of a symptomatic individual, report additional symptomatic individuals or a failed prescreening, a case contact, or a line list during an outbreak, use the Excel reporting template, instructions provided below.
When to Report
Promptly isolate and report a single staff/client with symptoms of COVID-19 to AHS to initiate an outbreak investigation quickly.
COVID-19 Reportable Symptoms
New onset of:
- runny nose
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- sore throat
New onset of two or more of the following:
- stuffy nose
- muscle/joint ache
- feeling unwell/fatigue/severe exhaustion
- loss of sense of smell or taste
- painful swallowing
For a full list of COVID-19 symptoms and assessment guidelines, please see COVID-19 Information for Albertans - Symptoms.
For staff/clients requiring urgent medical care, contact 911. If transport is required, ensure that appropriate IPC precautions are maintained during transport and at the receiving site, AND ensure that the transport team and receiving site are advised of the possibility of COVID-19 to prevent exposure to COVID-19.
Back to top
How to Report
- Please follow the submission instructions provided in the Excel reporting template.
- If you require a copy of the Excel reporting template, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy. Please Add: Request for COVID-19 Reporting Excel Spreadsheet in subject line. You will receive the Excel within one hour.
- Open the Excel and click Enable Content
- Review Instruction Sheet
- Complete Initial Notification sheet once. Click Upload.
- Complete Persons with Symptoms and Contact sheet daily, if you have a new symptomatic person, failed prescreening or new contact. Please remove people once successfully uploaded. Click Upload.
Back to top
What Happens Next
- A public health inspector will call you within one hour to initiate the investigation.
- Feel free to send additional questions to email@example.com.