Last Updated: January 18, 2020
Resources for Parents & Families| Resources for Schools & Teachers
Effective November 30, 2020 Alberta’s K-12 schools will be asked to comply with mandatory restrictions, province wide. Visit K to 12 learning during COVID-19 to learn more.
AHS is working closely with provincial partners to support the safe and healthy operation of schools.
Visit alberta.ca/returntoschool for information and guidance on the 2020/21 school year.
For answers to common questions, see Back to School During COVID-19: FAQ.
Resources for Parents & Families
Your child can continue to go to school if they are well, unless you are notified by AHS that they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
Your child’s school will communicate with you if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the school. AHS will work closely with the school to identify close contacts, and to notify parents of children identified as close contacts.
It’s important to monitor for your child for symptoms of COVID-19 and keep them home from school if they are not feeling well.
Call Health Link at 811 if you have questions about your child’s health.
Talk to your child’s teacher or school administrator if you have questions about specific health measures in your school, or the school re-entry plan.
- January 2021 - Healthy Sleep Habits:
- December 2020 - 5 Easy Ways to Cultivate Wellness at Home:
- November 2020 - Cultivating Kindness:
- October 2020 - Being Active in the Great Outdoors:
- September 2020 - Healthy Habits for Your Back-to-School Routine:
- Contact your school for more information specific to their COVID-19 re-entry plans.
- If you have concerns about your (or your child’s) health, contact Health Link at 811 or complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment at ahs.ca/testing.
Resources for Schools & Teachers
Supporting Physical Activity at School
Government of Alberta Guidance Documents
Physical Activity Ideas During COVID-19*
Active Recess During COVID-19*
*These resources offer practical ideas about how to keep students active while maintaining physical distance and limiting shared equipment. Adapt them to suit your classroom or school, and be sure to follow the latest Alberta guidance on school health measures.
Supporting Wellness & Mental Health
Resources to Share with Students
Self-care for Teachers & School Staff