Neurology - Inpatients
Comprehensive assessment and care for a broad range of neurological and post-neurosurgical conditions.
As part of the Foothills Hospital Inpatient Units:
Provides assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological conditions, including:
- assessment of the nervous system
- consultation with other healthcare providers (e.g., emergency department, inpatient services at other adult sites, family doctors)
- admitting clients to the hospital for treatments
- rehabilitation programs for brain, spinal cord, and stroke patients and their families
- seizure monitoring
- post-operative care for patients receiving brain surgery and/or associated procedures
Service Providers May Include
neurologists, occupational therapists (OTs), physiotherapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs), rehabilitation therapists, speech-language pathologists (SLPs)
You need to be referred by a doctor and admitted to hospital.