Occupational Therapy - Children's Rehabilitation Services
Occupational therapy partners with families and health care providers to support the child's ability to participate in daily activities.
Support could include helping your child in the following areas:
- fine motor development (e.g. managing buttons/zippers/shoelaces, grasping objects, playing with toys with small parts)
- sensory processing (e.g., sensitivity to the feel of clothing, loud noises, or busy environments, difficulty with sitting still or poor attention)
- emotional regulation (e.g., difficulties with outbursts, meltdowns, becoming overwhelmed)
- life skills (e.g., social skills, toileting, dressing, bathing, hygiene)
- feeding (e.g., breast and bottle feeding, transition to solids, picky eating, swallowing)
- equipment needs (e.g., wheelchairs, bath seats, toilet seats, fabrication of splints)
- assistive technology (e.g., keyboarding, apps, switches, adapted computer access)
- environmental modifications (e.g., lifts, ramps, seating options, grab bars)
- challenges associated with complex diagnoses, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Neuromuscular conditions, Brachial Plexus Injury, or Head Injury
- may be provided together with other services, such as Speech Language Pathology or Physical Therapy
- may include assessment, consultation, treatment, follow-up, and co-ordination of services
can be provided on an individual or group basis
- may be offered in many settings, including health centre/clinic, home, and community
- are based on the family priorities and goals
- health promotion and public education
Stettler Community Health Centre
5911 50 Avenue
1-855-420-7986 (Coordinated Intake), 403-742-3326
Hours of Operation
Service hours not available.
Service Providers May Include
occupational therapists (OTs), therapy assistants (TAs)
Children and youth with a diagnosed or suspected developmental delay. See service description.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.