Healing Connections for Patients with Breast Cancer
Provides education and support for people going through breast cancer surgery.
After breast cancer surgery, patients meet for a half day every week for three weeks with various healthcare providers, who provide information and support on topics about their breast surgery patient care journey.
Healthcare providers involved in the program include:
- dieticians who provide information on eating and drinking for healing, during chemotherapy and radiation therapy, and healthy normal nutrition.
- physical therapists who provide information and exercise sessions to get back normal posture, and shoulder range of motion and strength
- occupational therapists who provides information about how to save your energy, lymphedema (swelling in the arms and legs), and general lifestyle changes
- nurses who provide information, support and an opportunity to ask questions related to breast cancer, treatment and recovery
- support visitors who provide one-to-one and/or group support sessions with breast cancer survivors
Misericordia Community Hospital
This Covenant Health facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
16940 87 Avenue
780-735-2768 (Patient Booking), 780-735-2260 (Nurse Navigator)
Public transportation is available on 87 Ave.
Hours of Operation
Facility Hours of Operation
Visiting Hours Monday - Sunday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Service Providers May Include
cancer survivor volunteers, dietitians, occupational therapists (OTs), physical therapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs)
Patients who have had breast cancer surgery.
Call to make an appointment. For inquiries call and speak to the Nurse Navigator.