NDACS provides tertiary level care to patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or other Neurodevelopmental Disorders with complex needs.
NDACS works in collaboration with community partners to provide equitable, timely, high quality, tertiary-level clinical service to care for patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or other neurodevelopmental disorders with complex needs.
We provide expert consultation to support the care of children and youth up to the age of 17 years who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or other neurodevelopmental disorder who have complex learning and/or emotional/behavioral challenges.
Patient/Family-focused activities include medical evaluation to consider differential diagnosis of presenting challenges and to develop treatment recommendations including psychopharmacological management and initial follow-up as needed while prioritizing transfer of care back to the referring physician.
Patient and Family-focused services include:
- Consultation with physicians with expertise in ASD and other Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Consultation with nursing and social work as appropriate
- Referrals to Specialized Rehabilitation Out-Patient services (SROP) as needed
- Family-focused groups based activities
- Telehealth community of practice (ECHO sessions) to support further capacity building and community management