Better Balance Fall Prevention Program
Provides treatment to help clients improve their leg strength, mobility, and balance.
Treatment may include:
- activities to improve balance
- education on fall prevention
- education sessions with recreation therapist to discuss leisure activities, Occupational therapy for fall prevention and home safety, with pharmacist to discuss effects of medicaiton on balance
Misericordia Community Hospital
Room B-040, Physiotherapy Department
16940 87 Avenue
Public transportation is available on 87 Ave.
Hours of Operation
Classes are offered twice weekly, for six weeks. Times of classes may vary and change, you will be offered available class times at time of booking.
Service Providers May Include
physical therapists (PTs)
Clients must be:
- living independently in the community or in an assisted living facility
- be able to walk 10 meters with or without a walking aid
- at risk for falling or have fallen in the last 6 months
- able to follow instructions in a group setting
- have reliable transportation to come to class regularly
Clients with neurological conditions or significant health issues or significant problems with cognition are not eligible.
Clients need to be referred and prescreened for program eligibility by a doctor. Screening form available from physiotherapy department
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.