Provides computer access (with Internet), community resources, support, and information for children being treated at the Stollery Children's Hospital and their families.
Offers a quiet environment with a place to relax, take care of personal business and learn more about childhood diseases and conditions and community resources. The Family Room is dedicated to helping families find the information and resources they need to understand their child's medical conditions and take part in their care.
Resources and services offered at the Family Room include:
- books, newspapers and magazines
- pamphlets and websites about diseases and conditions
- community support services and local events and information
- a phone for making local calls
- computers with Internet access. (Wireless internet access for families and children who are inpatients at the Stollery)
- small play area for children
- a fish tank
- photocopier and fax machine
- a comfortable sitting area with couches and chairs in which to relax and re-charge
The mission of the Family Room is to support families before, during and after their hospital experience by building capacity in families, health professionals and hospital staff for informed, collaborative decision-making and care of the pediatric patient.