Provides computer access (with Internet), community resources, support, and information for children being treated at the Stollery Children's Hospital and their families.
The Family Room is dedicated to helping families find the information and resources they need to understand their child's medical conditions and be a part of the care team. Offers a quiet environment with a place to relax, take care of personal business and learn more about childhood diseases and conditions and community resources.
Resources and services offered at the Family Room include:
- books, newspapers and magazines
- pamphlets and websites about diseases and conditions
- community support services and local events information
- a phone for making local calls
- computers with Internet access. (Healthspot Wireless Internet access hospital wide
- a fish tank
- staff to assist with photocoping, scanning and faxing documents
- a comfortable sitting area with couches and chairs in which to relax and re-charge
- a dining table with seating for 6+ people
The mission of the Family Room is to support families before, during and after their hospital experience by building capacity in families, health professionals and hospital staff for informed, collaborative decision-making and inclusive care of pediatric patients and their families.