An educational and exercise program for people with osteopenia or osteoporosis.
The goals of this program are to gain a better understanding of osteoporosis, improve posture and strength, prevent falls and minimize the risk of sustaining a fracture. You will receive practical information, exercise advice and tips on how to perform daily activities safely.
The program includes:
In person assessment and treatment
- participants are seen by a physical therapist
- allows for individualized instruction and education, tailored to your specific needs
- suitable for patients in Edmonton and surrounding area
Virtual Exercise Class
- follow up class to the Grey Nuns Physiotherapy sessions and Misericordia virtual class. Weekly virtual exercise class run by a therapy assistant, runs for 8 weeksp
- participants must be residing in Alberta
- requires suitable technology to participate