Provides support by explaining treatments, tests, and choices so cancer patients can prepare for visits and by improving the coordination of care.
This service supports clients and their families by:
- providing accurate information for patients so they can make informed decisions about their next steps
- helping patients prepare for tests and cancer treatments by explaining test results and treatment choices or by referring patients to other resources or services
- improving coordination of care by working with other healthcare providers
- helping patients prepare for medical visits by explaining ahead of time what to expect
- helping patients access financial resources and community supports
Tumour Triage Coordinators focus their care to patients at the beginning stages of the cancer journey, but they can connect patients and families to other healthcare providers as needed.