Reproductive Mental Health and Bereavement Program
Provides short term (up to 6 sessions) counselling and consultation services to support mental health concerns for women who are going through or have gone through a reproductive event (pregnancy, postpartum, bereavement).
Provides consultation for mental health issues.
Counselling and coping strategies provided for:
- anxiety (related to the reproductive event)
- depression (related to the reproductive event)
- managing stress (related to the reproductive event)
- grief and bereavement (loss of a pregnancy)
Service Providers May Include
bereavement coordinators, mental health therapists, psychologists
Service targeted to:
- Any woman with a mental health issue related to their reproductive health issue
Professional referral or self referral accepted.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.