Clinical Support for professional staff and patients to manage skin and / or wound and ostomy care.
Service will be provided through home care, inpatients, as well as outpatients. Services and delivery will differ depending on location. Consultations will often be virtual or face-to-face based on the clinical evaluation. If a face-to-face assessment is required, patients will be seen at a home-care clinic.
Examples of services:
- new ostomy patients requiring education, ostomy patients with peristomal skin irritation or poor wear time
- patients requiring ostomy supply appeals or special products through AADL (Alberta Aides to Daily Living)
- complex wounds, wounds slow to heal or that are not responding to standard care treatment
This service will also provide support, teaching and / or counselling:
- before and after ostomy surgery
- before you are discharged from hospital
- to healthcare providers as needed