Neuropsychiatry Services - Child and Adolescent Addiction and Mental Health Specialized Services
Offers services to children and adolescents from 0-18 years who have complex neurological medical disorders combined with mental health disorders. Subspecialty clinic for previous concussion diagnosis with residual mental health disorder and/or behavioural issues.
Works with client, family and other professionals currently involved to integrate care by;
- coordinating case conferences
- providing consultation
- providing assessments as required
Interventions may include;
- multidisciplinary team assessment
- psychiatric assessment and medication management
- consultation to community resources for schools
- individual, family, group intervention
Service Providers May Include
family counsellors, occupational therapists (OTs), pharmacists, psychiatrists, psychologists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers (SWs), speech-language pathologists (SLPs),
Clients must be between the ages of 0 - 18 years and have a co-occurring neurological disorder and mental health disorder.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.