Alberta Health Services values feedback. Contact Patient Relations for suggestions to improve services, with concerns about care, or compliments about your health care experience.
This service is where patients, family members, and the public may express complaints about the health services they receive through Alberta Health Services (AHS). It also receives suggestions, and compliments and acts as a resource for both patients and AHS staff and practitioners during the Patient Concerns Process. Staff and practitioners may be involved with:
- receiving and acknowledging a complaint
- obtaining information from the complainant about their complaint
- explaining the patient concerns resolution process and identifying the next steps to the complainant
- assisting with coordination and communication of the patient feedback process with the public, staff, practitioners and management
- acting as an ongoing contact for the complainant, including updates to the patient concerns resolution process
- documentation of the process and outcome of the complaint
- the Patient Relations Department, led by the Patient Concerns Officer and the Executive Director of Patient Relations, is available to work with patients and AHS leaders to resolve a complaint until all possible avenues within AHS have been explored.
The following options are available for resolving a complaint:
Discuss your concern with your care team. Because your care team knows you best, discussing your concern with them may resolve the issue right away. You may also ask the manager of the program or service area for help.
Contact the Patient Relations Department by telephone, fax or mail:
- Telephone: 1-855-550-2555<
- Mailing address only:
c/o Patient Relations
10030 107 Street NW
- Online feedback form
Once we hear from you, a Patient Relations Representative will be in touch with you by phone within three business days. This person will clarify the details of your concern, and staff will work with you to resolve the concern.