Teaches public facility operators and the general public about environmental public health.
Answers general environmental public health questions about topics like safe cooking, pest problems, and mould.
Offers classes, courses, presentations, and displays on many environmental public health topics. They are suited to the audience’s needs. Information can be in-person, online, or in home study, and may be available in other languages. Some services offered are:
- bed bugs presentations
- courses for childcare facility staff
- courses to operate temporary food concessions at fairs, festivals, exhibitions, carnivals, or other special events
- displays at trade shows and expos
- food sanitation and hygiene courses (the AHS Food Safety Course is required by Alberta’s Food Regulation)
- hand washing and personal hygiene presentations
- home study on food safety (a certificate in basic food safety may be issued)
- swimming pool operators course
- 3-hour courses on food safety (a certificate in basic food safety may be issued)
For more information visit the Environmental Public Health website or submit a request online.