Prevents illness and infection from spreading when people have personal services like tattoos, piercings, massage, or esthetic services (e.g., manicures, pedicures, facials, hair styling).
Prevents illness and infection from spreading by:
- reviewing plans for new businesses
- approving facilities before they open
- doing inspections to make sure practices followed are safe and facilities are maintained as regulation requires
- investigating any complaints from clients.
The requirements of the Personal Services Regulation and its related Health Standards and Guidelines apply to services which offer:
- body and ear piercing body
- body and facial waxing
- hair styling or hair replacement
- make-up application (temporary or permanent)
- manicures and pedicures
For more information visit the Environmental Public Health website.