An in-patient, 42 to 90 day intensive treatment program for adults with chemical and process addictions.
Thorpe Recovery Centre is dedicated to help those on their recovery journey with programs and supports for those affected by substance use disorders and mental health concerns. We believe the inherent strengths of each client is the basis of their recovery. The supportive therapeutic community environment helps each person discover these strengths, and is therefore conducive to personal development.
Our approach is based on:
- therapeutic community model with core self-help principles
- counselling and case management
- psychologically and physically safe residential program in a positive peer culture environment
Within the therapeutic community, we help individuals:
- identify the causes of their problems
- focus on the competencies that will help them face these issues
- carry out the necessary strategies to overcome issues
- medically supported detox (7 - 10 days) - temporaily closed
- residential treatment program (42 - 90 days with 4 transition days for assessments)
- alumni refresher (14 days)
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.