Indigenous Health and Nutrition Team
Supports Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) clients¿ health and well-being through nutrition.
Our dietitians provide the following services:
- individual appointments for Chronic Disease Management support (ex: for diabetes, obesity / weight management, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.)
- individual appointments for Family Nutrition (ex: for nutrition concerns during pregnancy and postpartum period, nutrition concerns for infants, children and youth, etc.)
- individual appointments for healthy eating on a budget support
- free classes for community organizations
- consultation services and staff inservices for community organizations
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
7th Floor, Elbow River Healing Lodge
1213 4 Street SW
This facility is wheelchair accessible and has an elevator on site.
Patient pay parking
Hours of Operation
Generally Monday-Friday, appointment times vary. Please call to inquire.
Service Providers May Include
Services targeted to Indigenous clients:
- First Nations (Status, Non-Status)
Note: at CUPS and The Alex clinics both Indigenous and non-Indigenous clients are seen.
For patients: Call to register. Doctor’s referral not required (optional).
For doctors: Call to be given the program’s referral form to fax in to register a patient. The program will then call and book the client. Email for more information.
Also Known As
Aboriginal Health and Nutrition Team (CDM)
Chronic Disease Management