Provides assessment and management of children who have feeding and/or swallowing problems related to complex medical conditions or children who are enterally fed.
Provides care to children with feeding or swallowing problems. This may include feeding / swallowing issues associated with structural and motor disorders affecting the mouth, throat, airway, and digestive system and/or suspected aspiration.
Problems may include:
- trouble coordinating swallowing with breathing
- congestion during and/or after feeding
- changes in colour or state during feeding
- choking, coughing, or gagging during meals
- recurrent chest congestions or pneumonias
Visit the PEAS (Pediatric Eating and Swallowing) website to find relevant information for families and care providers of children with an eating, feeding and swallowing disorder.