EMS MIH provides responsive urgent mobile healthcare by facilitating in community assessment, treatment and diagnostics in collaboration with the patients care providers.
This service aims to provide integrated healthcare for acutely ill patients by providing services in the patients home that would be otherwise delivered in a hospital or outpatient clinic within 3 hours of receiving a referral.
Response time is confirmed upon receipt of referral based upon patient acuity or when service is requested.
- Available services provided by community paramedics include:In-depth physical assessment with virtual consult capability
- Parenteral infusion and medication administration
- Laceration repair and suture/staple removal
- Point of Care testing and diagnostics
- In home blood transfusions (RBC/Platelets/Albumin)
- STAT specimen collection
Upon receipt of referral a community paramedic will be dispatched to the patients dwelling where they will conduct a comprehensive assessment and develop a customized care plan after consultation with the patient’s most responsible healthcare prescriber.
A detailed record of the patient encounter will be sent to the patients’ healthcare team.
For more information see our website