Provides tertiary and quarternary care to adult and pediatric transition patients with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis).
Our multidisciplinary team of IBD-trained gastroenterologists in conjunction with pediatric gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, highly specialized nurses, stoma therapists and dieticians provides tertiary and quarternary care to adult and pediatric transition patients with inflammatory bowel diseases.
As a tertiary and quarternary referral center we do not only provide the full spectrum of all Health Canada approved tests and therapies, but are at the forefront of the evaluation of novel diagnostic and theraeputic therapies, the future of inflammtory bowel diseases care. Within the UAH Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Clinic we have expertise including, but not limited to the following areas:
Special patient populations
- Pediatric transition
- Family planning and pregnancy
- Preventive care and elderly patients
- Gut microflora-altering therapies (FMT, dietary interventions, prebiotics and probiotics)
- Complications of immunosuppressive or biologic therapy
- Complex surgeries
Advanced diagnostic testing
- Small bowel imaging with MRI, CT, abdominal and gut ultrasound as wells as endoscopy (ileocolonoscopy, EGD, small bowel endoscopy (push enteroscopy, double balloon enteroscopy, chromo-endoscopy)
- Advanced laboratory testing including therapeutic drug monitoring
Advanced and minimally invasive interventions
- Small bowel stricture dilation