Geriatric Cognitive Neurology Clinic
The Geriatric Cognitive Neurology Clinic assesses people with cognitive impairment, including those with patterns of deficits that do not correspond to typical Alzheimer¿s disease, and those with neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's Disease or Vascular Dementia or Parkinson¿s Disease.
The clinic assesses older adults in particular, although patients with a clear cognitive decline beginning in adulthood would also be considered as candidates. Services offered may include consultation, assessment and possible follow up to patients with suspected mild cognitive impairment or dementia.
Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
Glen West Outpatient Clinics
10230 111 Avenue NW
Designated surface and underground parking stalls
- Disabled and public parking are available on designated surface lots and in the underground parkade.
- Public transportation available with bus stops along 111 Avenue in front of the Main Entrance of the GRH.
Hours of Operation
Call for clinic confirmation
One Thursday per month 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Service Providers May Include
neurologists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers, physiotherapists
- Referral must be reviewed and accepted by neurologist.
- Patients must be 50 years of age or older.
- Clients present with physical, cognitive and behavior problems that reduce independence and require further diagnostic and functional assessment.
- Acute changes that have led to decreased level of functioning in the past 2-3 months (cognitive decline).
- Must be from Central or Northern Alberta.
- There is a treatment complexity requiring specialized geriatric neurological assessment.
- Physical and cognitive problems of recent onset or with deterioration which reduce independence and require further diagnostic, functional, specialized geriatric neurology assessment.
- Patients with a clear cognitive decline beginning in adulthood.
- Caregiver/spouse must be willing to participate.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Wait for call from office to book appointment
Route referral to Dr. Camicioli in Connect Care
Approximately 3 months