Helps participants explore ways to manage their health and empower them to live their life, one step at a time.
These free six-week group workshops are for Albertans 18+ years of age who have or support someone with a long-term (chronic) health condition. Workshops are available in person and online.
NOTE: Due to Covid-19, all in-person workshops are currently on hold.
Workshops are led by people who have experience with a long-term health condition of their own. Together, participants and leaders learn from each other by sharing their experiences and exploring possible solutions.
Learn More and Discuss:
- managing symptoms like pain, fatigue, stress
- talking to loved ones, health team & workplace about your health and needs
- dealing with difficult feelings
- ways to eat healthy & stay active
- tools for problem-solving & setting realistic plans
BCBH®-Chronic Pain: If chronic pain is your main concern, this worshop may be right for you. Learn about the topics above, as well as:
- pacing yourself
- treatments for chronic pain
- Moving Easy Program (gentle exercise program)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for the program, please contact your local zone coordinator (see Contact Details section).
To register or learn more, visit the website.