Step Up Step Down
Supports youth aged 13-17 who have complex mental health challenges and includes intensive clinician involvement to help youth thrive at home, in school, and within the community. SUSD includes two stepped treatment options: Live-in Treatment and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- help to youth aged 13 to 17 who have significant mental health difficulties and who receive care from a mental health clinician, but need additional support
- a high level of family or caregiver participation to help youth succeed at home, in school and in their community
- There are two streams for this program:
- live in treatment: full time treatment with support from a multidiciplinary team including nurses, social worker, psychologist, occupational therapist, mental health aides, recreation therapist, and family therapist.
- intensive outpatient program: Supplemental community-based treatment designed to offer mental health programs, treatment plans, and goal development to yourth and families/caregivers.
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.
Michener Fire Marshal Building
24 Michener Street
Red Deer, Alberta
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Service Providers May Include
licensed practical nurses (LPNs), mental health aides, occupational therapists (OTs), psychiatrists, psychologists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers, teachers, therapists
Services targeted to:
- children 13-17 years residing in central zone
- Must be working with a mental health professional
- Has a complex or multiple addiction & mental health diagnoses
- Engaged caregiver to participate in treatment
- Voluntary program requires consent from youth and legal guardian
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Internal Addictions and Mental Health referral required.
Wait time is dependent on bed availabiity.
Also Known As