A central intake for all Hepatologists in the Calgary Zone.
The Hepatology service sees patients for a variety of liver conditions, including cirrhosis, chronic liver disease, some liver malignancies, fatty liver disease, and Viral Hepatitis (B and C). We offer the following services:
- consultation and treatment
- medication counseling and monitoring
- endoscopic interventions as needed
- paracentesis and other comfort measures
- palliative Care and end of life support
Patients requiring surgical interventions should be referred to the appropriate surgical service. Patients requiring cancer treatments should be referred to the appropriate Oncology service.