AHS offers funded physiotherapy services in AHS facilities and contracted clinics to help you improve your function, better understand your condition and learn what you can do to be healthy and independent.
Services may be provided individually or in a group and include:
- home exercise program
- education on the condition, and to help manage daily living
- education to support ongoing activity and long term recovery
- recent fracture or orthopedic surgery
- general joint or muscle conditions or injuries
- includes joint, muscle, cartilage or tendon injuries (i.e. sprains or strains).
Participation in recovery will be encouraged at home and in the clinic
Call a clinic listed to book an appointment if the fracture or surgery has happened within the last 12 weeks. AHS must approve care that is required to start later than 12 weeks.
Call the Rehabilitation Advice Line (1-833-379-0563) for general advice, available Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.