This confidential telephone service helps First Nations (Status and Non-Status), Métis and Inuit peoples and their families navigate the healthcare system. By providing culturally safe supportive listening, connections to health resources, Indigenous cultural supports, and help with addiction / mental health concerns.
The Indigenous Support Line is available in North, Central and South Zones by calling 1-844-944-4744 between noon (12:00 PM) to 8:00 PM Monday to Friday.
Calls are answered by Indigenous Listeners who provide:
- culturally safe patient- and family-centred care
- health advice and information
- supportive listening
- connection to health resources, services and programs (e.g., primary care)
- assisted referrals
- linkage to Indigenous cultural supports
- support for Indigenous patient concerns within Alberta Health Services
- immediate support for addiction and mental health concerns
- addiction and mental health referrals
Walk with Me, Talk with Me, Learn with Me.
For more information visit the Indigenous Support Line website at ahs.ca/isl.