Provides evaluation for people in kidney failure who may be a candidate for a kidney transplant.
The Transplant Program provides assessment for patients with end stage organ failure, which includes but is not limited to:
- medical, surgical and psychosocial assessment
- diagnostic Investigations
- consultation with specialists
If a patient is deemed suitable for organ transplant, the Transplant Program will:
- list the candidate for organ transplant
- monitor the candidate alongside the primary care physician while listed for transplant
- provide transplant education and support the candidate through the transplant experience
If a patient receives an organ transplant they will be followed by a Transplant Program lifelong.