This program provides specialized respiratory care for patients with Sarcoidosis.
Please refer patients who fit the following criteria:
1. suspected Sarcoidosis of any organ system for which bronchoscopic biopsy may be indicated, or is being considered (ie. assistance required for diagnosis and workup)
2. assumption of care is requested due to complicated / advanced sarcoidosis
Complicated / advanced is defined as:
- requiring prednisone PLUS another medication to control disease, OR
- presence of multisystem disease that includes cardiac, neurologic, renal or hepatic involvement in addition to their pulmonary disease
3. second opinion is requested to aid in diagnosis or treatment decisions without expectation of assumption of care