Offers support for pregnant teens and pregnant people with low incomes to prevent low birth weight, promote prevention of injuries and promote maternal mental health by low social isolation and making connections with community supports.
Provides information and support to pregnant people, which includes:
- one-to-one and group support
- facilitated discussions of prenatal, postnatal, parenting and nutrition topics
- referrals to community support agencies, if needed
- food coupons, bus tickets, and referrals for food hampers, if needed
- dental referrals and family planning counselling, if needed
- childcare at group sessions with Preschool curriculum
Service Providers May Include
dietitians, first language outreach workers, registered nurses (RNs), registered social workers
Pregnant people with a low income or pregnant teens.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Self referral or other community agency may refer.
Calgary Interfaith Food Bank; Calgary Urban Project Society (CUPS); Care Connect; Immigrant Services Calgary; Women in Need Society